With a tag line of "regular to ripped in 90…
The Special K® brand is releasing its first-ever book, “The Special K Challenge™ & Beyond,” to provide weight managers with additional guidance as they participate in the Special K Challenge™. Featuring more than 100 recipes, as well as fitness and nutrition tips, the book helps women stay on track to meet their weight management goals.
The Special K Challenge™ takes the guesswork out of weight management by allowing participants to replace two meals a day with select Special K® products along with two snacks and a sensible third meal. “The Special K Challenge™ & Beyond” addresses the need for sensible options for the third meal of the day, with delicious recipes that you can enjoy beyond the Challenge.
“The Special K brand recognized the need to help simplify the promise of the Special K Challenge for consumers and offer meal ideas for the third meal of the day and beyond the two-weeks of the Challenge,” said Katherine Brooking, RD and author of the foreword in “The Special K Challenge™ & Beyond” book. “The book offers recipe ideas, along with supportive information for a healthy lifestyle.”
“The Special K Challenge™ & Beyond” includes an array of recipe categories, including vegetarian, seafood, and meat main dishes, as well as appetizers and soups, side dishes and desserts, including the following:
- Spinach Feta Frittata: This Italian omelet is loaded with fresh spinach and topped with feta cheese, making it wonderful for weekend mornings or a casual weeknight supper.
- Crispy Baked Crab Cakes with Spicy Remoulade: Old-fashioned crab cakes take a healthy turn when coated with Special K® cereal and baked instead of fried. The bold sauce is a light version of the traditional accompaniment.
- Lemon-Pepper Salmon: Good-quality fresh salmon fillets are so delicious on their own that you can season them very simply. Here, a widely available seasoning blend adds bright, citrusy flavors.
- Sugar and Spice Chews: Each of these low-fat cookies made with Special K® Red Berries cereal is so packed with great texture and flavor that two of them make a satisfying serving.
Published by Weldon Owen Publishing and created under the guidance of dietitians, the new book rounds out the promise of the Special K Challenge™ with a complete guide to weight management, including fitness and nutrition tips, as well as recipes for all parts of the day.
“The Special K Challenge™ & Beyond” will be available online and nationwide at all major retailers and bookstores beginning April 2011, with a suggested retail price of $16.99. The gift-with-purchase preview edition of the book is free with the purchase of three select Kellogg’s products. Visit www.specialk.com for more information on the Special K Challenge™ or Special K® products.
The Special K Challenge™
Make Special K® products your all-day weight-management partner, and enjoy a variety of meal and snack options with the Special K Challenge™ – a simple, great-tasting way to lose up to six pounds in two weeks(1). Replace two meals a day with any of the delicious varieties of Special K® cereal(2), Protein Shakes, or Protein Meal Bars, and snack on any of the great Special K® snacks twice a day, including Protein Snack Bars, Cereal Bars, Special K® Fruit Crisps, Crackers, Cracker Chips or Protein Water Mixes. Enjoy as many fruits and veggies as you like throughout the day, and eat one sensible meal of your choice each day, such as those included in “The Special K Challenge™ & Beyond” book. Drink beverages as you normally do.
About Kellogg Company
For more than 100 years, consumers have counted on Kellogg for great-tasting, high-quality and nutritious foods. Kellogg Company, with 2010 sales of more than $12 billion, is the world’s leading producer of cereal and a leading producer of convenience foods, including cookies, crackers, toaster pastries, cereal bars, fruit-flavored snacks, frozen waffles and veggie foods. Kellogg Company’s beloved brands, which are manufactured in 18 countries and marketed in more than 180 countries, include Kellogg’s®, Keebler®, Pop-Tarts®, Eggo®, Cheez-It®, All-Bran®, Mini-Wheats®, Nutri-Grain®, Rice Krispies®, Special K®, Chips Deluxe®, Famous Amos®, Sandies®, Austin®, Club®, Murray®, Kashi®, Bear Naked®, Morningstar Farm®, Gardenburger® and Stretch Island®. For more information on the Kellogg Company, including our corporate responsibility initiatives, visit www.kelloggcompany.com.
(1) Consult your physician before starting any diet or exercise program. Average weight-loss when replacing meals with two cereal meals is 4.8 pounds. Weight loss may vary.
(2) When selecting Special K® Low Fat Granola cereal, choose either 2/3 cup of skim milk or fruit.