SEATTLE (Profitable.com) Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN) today announced that it…
Walmart announces it’s not too late to save on great last-minute gifts, including most-desired gift cards. According to a recent poll(1), Walmart ranks as the number one preferred Gift Card consumers would like to see in their stockings this year. In addition, a recent survey of a panel of Walmart Moms(2) found that approximately 77 percent still have gifts left to purchase this holiday season.
To help families give the perfect gift that never expires, Walmart offers a wide range of festive Gift Card(3) designs available in stores that can be used at all Walmart stores or online at Walmart.com. Walmart also offers e-Gift Cards(4) at Walmart.com which can be sent anytime — even Christmas Day — and used for online purchases.
Free Shipping Still Available at Walmart.com
Walmart.com will offer free shipping to home(5) on nearly 60,000 items, including all electronics*, with no minimum purchase through 11:30 p.m. PST tonight. The retailer has also extended the order cut-off date for its popular “Site to Store” service from Dec. 17 last year to Dec. 20 this holiday season. “Site to Store” enables customers to choose from thousands of eligible items on Walmart.com and enjoy free shipping to a local Walmart store in time for Christmas. With Walmart.com’s “Pick Up Today” program, online orders can be placed up until 6:00 p.m. PST on Dec. 23 with free same-day pickup at select local Walmart stores. The new test began in October and customer response has quickly grown with the volume of orders more than quadrupling since Nov. 1. Walmart’s cut-off dates and times for gifts to arrive in time for Christmas this holiday include:
|*||Free Shipping to home:||12/20||11:30 p.m. PST|
|*||Site to Store:||12/20||11:30 p.m. PST|
|*||Ground & 97-cent:||12/20||11:30 p.m. PST|
|*||Expedited:||12/22||11:30 p.m. PST|
|*||Pick Up Today**:||12/23||6:00 p.m. PST|
Last Minute Deals and Gift Card Bundles
Walmart is offering special bonus Gift Cards(6) with the purchase of some of the hottest gifts this season, including:
- $20 Walmart Gift Card with purchase of Nintendo DSi, $149
- $50 iTunes Gift Card with purchase of 8GB iPod touch, $225
- $50 Walmart Gift Card with purchase of iPhone 3GS 8GB, $97 with two-year agreement
- $50 Walmart Gift Card with purchase of iPhone 4 16GB, $197 with two-year agreement
- New for this year, Facebook Credit Gift Cards(7) – $5, $10, $15 denominations when purchased at Walmart Stores; $10 and $25 denominations when purchased online at Walmart.com
Facebook Gift Cards can be used to buy virtual goods in over 200 social games on Facebook, including EA’s FIFA Superstars, Zynga’s FrontierVille, CrowdStar’s Hello City and Playdom’s Social City, among others.
* Excludes iPods and iPads
** Available in select markets. Check www.walmart.com/pickuptoday for more information.
(1) According to GiftCardRescue.com: Top 20 Gift Cards of 2010
(2) According to Walmart Customer Insights, December 2010.
(3) Gifts cards not eligible for use toward purchase. Gift card offer not available in Hawaii, Oklahoma, Wisconsin and Puerto Rico. Void where prohibited.
(4) e-Gift Cards can only be used for online purchases at Walmart.com.
(5) Offer not valid on automotive tires and Walmart Marketplace items. Shipping surcharges may still apply in Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico.
(6) Prices and availability may vary by store and on Walmart.com.
(7) Facebook Credit Gift Card at $5 is an exclusive for Walmart through the end of this year.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT), or “Walmart,” serves customers and members more than 200 million times per week at more than 8,600 retail units under 55 different banners in 15 countries. With fiscal year 2010 sales of $405 billion, Walmart employs more than 2.0 million associates worldwide. A leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity, Walmart ranked first among retailers in Fortune Magazine’s 2010 Most Admired Companies survey. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting www.walmartstores.com and on Twitter at http://Twitter.com/Walmartnews. Online merchandise sales are available at www.walmart.com and www.samsclub.com.