Boulder, CO (Profitable.com) MD-IT, the nation’s leading provider of medical documentation…
Middlebury, CT (Profitable.com) While many people say that they want to get in better shape and exercise more, how many are really doing it? To help showcase how, when, and where Americans are working out, Timex, the nation’s leading watch manufacturer, today released the results of a survey detailing the nation’s exercise habits. The Timex/SodaHead.com survey reveals that while the perception may be that most Americans are not exercising, the reality is that 73 percent of respondents are working out at least once a week.
Key highlights of the survey include:
- 29 percent spend between 30 minutes and one hour on their physical activities and 18 percent are spending between one and two hours exercising.
- 61 percent of respondents don’t go to a gym to exercise. If they do go to the gym, they want to stay close as only 11 percent drive more than 15 minutes to their exercise destination.
- Working out at lunch may not be for everyone, but 27 percent of respondents are finding time to get in a workout during the work day.
- When it comes to finding time to exercise, it is apparent that many in America are not “morning people” as nearly half of Americans say that they don’t exercise in the morning. For those that do work out in the morning, 6AM is the most popular time.
- The most popular type of exercise is running (18 percent), followed by lifting weights (13 percent) and biking/hiking/outdoor activities (13 percent)
- Once Americans finish exercising it is time to hit the showers. 43 percent of survey respondents spend at least 10-15 minutes in the shower, 25 percent spend a whopping 20-30, minutes and 10 percent spend more than a half-hour.
- Full results of the survey can be viewed at: http://www.sodahead.com/survey/featured/exercise-survey/?results=1
About the TIMEX Group
Timex Group designs, manufactures and markets innovative timepieces and jewelry globally. Founded in 1854, Timex is part of the Timex Group, a privately-held company with numerous brands and over 5,000 employees worldwide. It is one of the largest watch makers in the world with companies and exclusive licenses worldwide.