Father's Day only comes once a year and if your…
Scottrader® Streaming Quotes customizes to any trading style and strategy, offers faster, more powerful trading capabilities and a sleeker look
ST. LOUIS (Profitable.com) Leading online investing firm Scottrade today unveiled significant upgrades to its real-time trading tool, Scottrader® Streaming Quotes. A testament to the firm’s commitment to improving investors’ trading experience, the sleek, new tool has been redesigned to allow for a better way to stay up-to-the-second with quotes, news and charting.
“I use Scottrader® Streaming Quotes every day,” said Scottrade’s CEO Rodger Riney, who founded the discount brokerage firm in 1980. “The Scottrade team had me – and all the other traders who choose to self-direct their investments – in mind when they rebuilt the tool. It is important for Scottrade to be able to provide the latest tools, resources and education to investors so they can trade stocks with more confidence.”
Scottrader® Streaming Quotes is free and part of Scottrade’s Trading Website. It is customizable by online trading style and strategy, and allows users to quickly and more easily trade from any window. Other enhancements include:
Easy To Use
- Immediately access stocks by creating double the number of watch list symbols as before (now 40)
- Receive help at all times with quick reference points on all screens
- Research and execute trades more quickly with intuitive navigation
- Use fewer clicks to update all windows with the linker feature
- Simply enter any type of trade from tabbed browsing options from a basic order to a more advanced one
- Access all linked accounts from a drop-down menu
- Charting has also been enhanced by added growing trend lines and increased indicators providing more in-depth research
- Dow Jones News can be searched by entering symbol, category or keyword
- See the daily high and low performing market movers in real-time
- Continuously monitor accounts with the active ticker, which scrolls the symbols from watch lists at a customizable speed, allowing for it to be sped up or slowed down depending on personal preference
- Find the top 10 gainers, losers and most active symbols in one place across the various exchanges
- Create custom alerts to track the symbols of interest
“We have done so much more than just give Scottrader® Streaming Quotes a face lift – this is a faster and more powerful online trading tool,” said Todd Slawson, Scottrade’s assistant director of Active Trading Services. “We listened closely to what our customers wanted and are proud to deliver a system that offers more control and a better way to trade.”
Investors and traders who make their own trading decisions rely on their trading site to provide all of the information they need in an easily-accessible way so that they can have their screen on, working for them, communicating with them, at all times, Slawson said. “They need the quote lists, charts, news, research, trade windows and everything else they use to make decisions, to be readily available. This is their dashboard that helps them decide when to stop and when to go. It’s an indispensable tool.”
Scottrade first launched Scottrader® Streaming Quotes in 2000 to enable investors to track their portfolios in real-time and give them the power to take advantage of market opportunities by providing free streaming quotes, charts and news, as well as single-click access. Current Scottrade account holders can smoothly transition to the new tool by using an “import lists” link. Scottrade’s extensive online Knowledge Center offers four different webcasts to help provide a visual overview of the upgrades.
Scottrade also offers ScottradeELITE®, Scottrade OptionsFirstTM and Scottrade Mobile. For screen shots, descriptions and links to online webcasts about the new Scottrader® Streaming Quotes, visit www.scottrade.com/Scottrader.
As a leading online investing firm, Scottrade offers a full line of investment products, online trading services and market research tools to help investors take control of their financial future. Founded in 1980, Scottrade is dedicated to personalized customer service and value, providing customers the convenience of buying many stocks online at just $7 per trade and the support of the largest branch network among online investment firms, with more than 475 nationwide branch offices. Scottrade has been named one of FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” in America for three consecutive years. For more information, visit www.scottrade.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Flickr.