San Bruno, CA (Profitable.com) Walmart (NYSE: WMT) is giving customers…
Washington (Profitable.com) From boutique city-market hotels to beautiful resorts in tropical destinations, LivingSocial Escapes has announced that it has booked more than a half million room nights at nearly 800 properties around the world since its launch in November 2010. On a monthly basis, the company has sold an average of 45,500 room nights and put 1,500 heads in beds each night.
“Inspiring our members to book more than a half million room nights in less than a year is exciting and a true testament to the power of actually telling destination and travel brand stories, and selling package experiences,” said Doug Miller, senior vice president, LivingSocial New Initiatives. “We work hard on getting people out from behind their computer screens and into new experiences. Whether it’s a quick weekend away or the trip of a lifetime, we create travel demand and bring new high-quality travelers to our hotel and travel partners.”
To give the number some perspective, 500,000 room nights is:
- More than triple the total number of hotel rooms in Las Vegas, one of the world’s largest hotel markets;
- Equal to roughly 10.4% of the nation’s total 4.8 million hotel rooms;
- The equivalent of selling out all the rooms in Charleston, South Carolina for more than a month; or
- Like booking every hotel room in Niagara Falls, New York for nearly a year.
For more information or to book your next trip with LivingSocial Escapes, visit www.LivingSocial.com/escapes.
In addition to LivingSocial Escapes, members can find even more fun with:
- LivingSocial Adventures – one-of-a-kind excursions and events in and around your city, personally guided by LivingSocial Adventures employees
- LivingSocial Daily Deals — handpicked experiences, discounted by at least 50 percent, on the coolest things to do in your backyard;
- LivingSocial Families — local, family-friendly experiences selected to help parents and kids discover hidden gems around town; and
- LivingSocial Instant Deals — real-time, mobile offerings, allowing merchants to drive patrons through the door.
LivingSocial helps people around the world find, share and enjoy great local deals and new experiences. We’ll help you get more out of your city. Through its daily deal e-mails and alerts, LivingSocial introduces members to handpicked local businesses, products or services each day at significant savings. With a range of products for different interests, like Families and Adventures, LivingSocial helps delight members with the perfect deal for them. Other services include LivingSocial Escapes, which features easy “vacations in a box” to leading destinations, and LivingSocial Instant, which helps members discover real-time discounts at nearby restaurants, stores and businesses. LivingSocial works with each merchant partner to create customized marketing solutions that attract and retain loyal, long-term customers. Based in Washington, D.C., LivingSocial now has more than 47 million members in 25 countries.