WALTHAM, Mass. (Profitable.com) In celebration of Small Business Saturday, Constant…
PLANO, Texas (Profitable.com) Demonstrating its leadership as America’s gift headquarters this season, JCPenney has planned its biggest Cyber Monday sale ever with discounts on over 40,000 items – making jcp.com the most comprehensive place to shop online for affordable gifts this Christmas. With an irresistible array of Cyber Monday specials – an increase from 30,000 items last year – JCPenney has expanded its Cyber Monday activities, beginning on Sunday, Nov. 28 running through Monday, Nov. 29.
“As one of the largest apparel and home furnishing sites on the Internet, jcp.com offers a vast assortment of merchandise including styles, sizes and colors not available in stores,” said Tom Nealon, group executive vice president for JCPenney. “We know customers are increasingly shopping online, which is why we’re confident that jcp.com will be the shopping destination this Cyber Monday as customers discover our exciting promotions and great merchandise selection along with convenient features that make their online shopping experience easier than ever.”
Cyber Monday shoppers visiting jcp.com can find:
- A dedicated “gift hub” on jcp.com, allowing them to easily search for gifts by price range, by person or category and also choose from a unique selection of novelty gift cards and e-gift card options.
- Free shipping to home offer on online purchases of $25 or more from Nov. 24 through Nov. 30 – the Company’s lowest shipping threshold of the season.
- Customers may also take advantage of free shipping to any JCPenney store through 2011.
- With over 40,000 items available online at reduced prices for a limited time, customers can find extraordinary Cyber Monday offers such as:
For Her – Women’s boots, $29.99; St. John’s Bay® cashmere-blend pea coat, $49.88; and ½ ct. t.w. diamond circle earrings, $79.99.
For Him – Men’s slippers, $13.99; Stafford® soft touch robe, $19.88; and athletic shoes from Nike®, New Balance®, Asics®, Reebok® and adidas®, $38.99.
For Kids – Cozy fleece for toddlers and kids, $4.88; and character sleepwear for $7.88.
For Teens – The Original Arizona Jean Co.® Young Men’s fashion jeans, $17.88; and Seventeen® Natasha twin comforter set, $79.88.
For Home – 60% off lighting and wall décor and 50-60% off entire stock of furniture.
For Fun – 30% off entire stock of video games; and old-fashioned popcorn cart, $99.88 after rebate.
As key differentiator among other online retailers, jcp.com provides numerous innovative features and options to help customers shop smarter this season:
- Customers can check store merchandise availability online before they visit their local JCPenney store using the “Know Before You Go” feature on jcp.com. Customers interested in an online item tagged “Also in Stores” or “In Stores Only” may enter their size and/or color preference along with their zip code for a list of stores within a 50-mile radius that have the particular item in stock. In-stock items are updated each hour and information related to the store’s address, phone number, hours of operation and driving directions are also provided.
- jcp.com offers free shipping options for added convenience and savings. Online orders over $25 are eligible for free home shipping from Nov. 24 through Nov. 30. Additionally, with jcp.com’s free ship-to-store service, customers may opt to purchase gifts on jcp.com and have them shipped to any of JCPenney’s 1,100 stores across the country, which makes this a convenient option for customers who prefer to travel light during the holidays. For a nominal fee, jcp.com customers can have their gifts wrapped by selecting this service during the online checkout process.
- Customers can also enjoy peace of mind on any online purchase with JCPenney’s free and easy returns. Online purchases can be returned to any JCPenney store for an immediate refund.
- Shoppers always on-the-go can also access Cyber Monday deals with JCPenney’s convenient mobile commerce site (m.jcp.com), allowing users to browse gift ideas and make purchases on jcp.com directly from their phone. Additionally, JCPenney’s mobile apps, available on iPhone, iPad and Android, provide users with the functionality to browse sales circulars, create a portable shopping list, view their JCP Rewards account or locate the nearest JCPenney store.
- Customers shopping inside a JCPenney store may access jcp.com’s Cyber Monday specials using the FindMore™ smart fixture available in select stores across the country. Through the easy-to-use 42-inch touch screen, FindMore fixtures provide customers an interactive shopping experience that allows users to access a larger product selection not available in stores.
- Customers who want to give back to a worthy cause can also choose to help an underprivileged child or senior citizen through The Salvation Army Angel Giving Tree online program available only at jcp.com/angel. From now until Dec. 10, supporters can adopt and shop for an Angel on jcp.com and have their gifts shipped free just in time for Christmas.
JCPenney, one of America’s leading retailers, operates over 1,100 department stores throughout the United States and Puerto Rico, as well as one of the largest apparel and home furnishing sites on the Internet, jcp.com. Serving more than half of America’s families each year, JCPenney offers a wide array of private, exclusive and national brands which reflect the Company’s vision to be America’s shopping destination for discovering great styles at compelling prices. Traded as “JCP” on the New York Stock Exchange, the $17.6 billion retailer is transforming its organization to support its Long Range Plan strategies to build a sustainable, profitable enterprise that serves its customers, engages its associates and rewards its shareholders.