Company Expects to Emerge from Chapter 11 June 30 CREVE…
Los Angeles, CA (Profitable.com) With Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years just around the corner, the holiday travel deals are in full swing. CreditDonkey, a credit card comparison website, publishes a new infographic illustrating the best times to travel and where the best deals can be found.
“With the gloomy economy, it’s hard to imagine having fun,” said Charles Tran, founder of CreditDonkey. “But, savvy travelers know summer’s end does not mean an end to adventure and exotic vacations. There are excellent domestic travel deals with savings on both airfare and hotels available for the savvy.”
The infographic illustrates the numbers behind holiday travel, including:
- Falling Travel Rates – 1.4% decline in airfare this fall, compared with last year; 8% decline in 5-star hotel rates.
- Fun in the Sun – Airfare fares are heading south. Airfare is 16% cheaper in 2011 compared to 2010 from New York to Miami.
- International Airfare is Increasing – Stay domestic for the best deals.
- By car, plane and train – 91% by car and only 5-6% by air
- Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years travel statistics
With the recession weighing heavily on all family budgets, many consumers avoid using credit, but savvy travelers know that travel credit card deals offer some of the best bang for the buck. The folks at CreditDonkey have identified 3 of their favorite cards for this holiday season.
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Card – Limited Time! Earn two free flights after your first purchase. $69 annual fee.
- Marriott Rewards Credit Card – Earn 30,000 Bonus Points after your first use, redeemable for up to 4 free nights; plus receive 2 free night stay e-certificates upon account approval, that’s enough for up to 6 free nights at a category 1 hotel. $45 annual fee; No annual fee for your first year
- Citi Hilton HHonors – Earn 40,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points after spending $1,000 within 4 months of account opening. $0 annual fee.
“Savvy travelers can really save a lot of money by using credit wisely”, said Tran, “and with these credit card deals, you’ve got the equivalent of a flight for two and hotel stay. That’s a lot more comfortable than sleeping on the couch at the in-laws.”
Travelers can visit CreditDonkey to compare more travel credit cards. The folks at CreditDonkey publish credit card reviews, comparisons and deals to help Americans make smart credit decisions.