Local women's fitness club reaches their 4th Anniversary in Pinellas…
With a tag line of “regular to ripped in 90 days”, the P90X 90-Day Extreme Home Fitness Workout Program sure sounds like one extreme fitness program. There’s no doubt it’s a very popular workout program, but does it really work? The answer is – you bet… if you do it. It’s a total system with 13 DVDs, a nutrition guide and an exercise planner. There’s even a calendar to track your progress, which is an excellent motivational tool.
The P90X is a circuit training program that capitalizes on the “muscle confusion” theory. The different routines provided will confuse the muscles so they don’t reach what they think is their peak and then just plateau. Each workout targets specific muscle groups or a training method such as Kenpo X, cardio X, or yoga.
The included nutrition program consists of 3 phases – the fat shredder phase where you increase your protein to help build muscle, the energy booster phase that ups your carbs a bit, and the endurance maximizer which ups your carbs even further and lowers your proteins.
- The 12 workouts will keep your workout varied so you don’t get bored doing the same thing over and over. The same old work out day after day would be a deal-breaker for many, so this is key.
- You can tailor your program to meet your needs. You do certain workouts in a certain order if you want to lose weight. These help you burn fat. Or if your goal is to have muscle definition, you’ll have different routines to do for that.
- You don’t have to have a lot of weights to do this program, although it’s recommended if you want to build muscle definition. Otherwise, a resistance band and a mat will work, and adding a pull-up bar is a good idea.
- These DVD workouts take an hour or more to do, but you can do them in your own home on your own schedule. The yoga DVD is the longest at 90 minutes.
- The P90X Extreme Home Fitness Workout program offers a 90 day, 100% satisfaction or your money back guarantee.
- These workouts are hard. That’s a pro, not a con, because you can do the program over and over again without getting to the point of plateau because it’s too easy for you.
- The nutrition plan can be more restrictive than people are used to. This plan requires a lifestyle change. To get the maximum results from the program, you do need to reign in bad eating habits.
- Are supplements really necessary? You will have to decide what’s right for you on this, plus weigh the cost involved.
- If you’re training for one specific sport, the P90X might not be for you.
- This program is not for the timid newbie. It’s not meant for sedentary people who are not at a decent fitness level. If you’re totally out of shape, you might want to start with an easier workout program and work up to this one.
Yes, you’re busy but make time and commit to doing the P90X Extreme Home Fitness Workout program and you’ll reap the rewards. If you keep at it with the proper intensity, you will get in shape and look better by 90 days! You don’t have to spend time thinking about it and wishing it into being, it WILL happen if you follow the program.