Planning and managing travel just got easier for the more…
Redesigned user-interface and restore manager makes recovering lost files, photos, videos and music quicker and easier than ever.
BOSTON (Profitable.com) Carbonite®, a leading provider of online backup, today announced the release of Carbonite 4.0 for Windows. With the release of 4.0, Carbonite has further simplified what is widely considered to be the easiest way to back up and restore irreplaceable files.
A key enhancement within Carbonite 4.0 is a new Restore Manager that guides users through each step of the restore process, whether they need to retrieve a single file or restore all of their data. Other notable restore features include:
- A new Restore Search feature that enables users to search for and build a complete list of files to restore. Users can search their backups based on name, date or file type.
- Carbonite 4.0 also provides the ability to choose which files to restore first through the new Priority File Restore feature.
- Once a restore is complete, the detailed Restore Summary Report identifies exactly how many files were restored, any files that were not restored and any files that were relocated.
- If users are restoring to a new operating system, the Migration Wizard will ensure all restored data ends up in the proper file structure for the target OS.
- Versioning enables users to restore previous versions of any backed up file (Carbonite keeps older versions of files for up to three months).
“Carbonite has always been about ease-of-use and our product team was charged with further-simplifying the restore process in Carbonite 4.0,” said David Friend, founder and CEO of Carbonite. “We focused on restore because it’s the most important part of any online backup service. Too often in our industry, the focus falls on the initial backup process and features, but restore is where an online backup product has to deliver on its promise. Carbonite 4.0’s Restore Manager sets a new standard for getting files back.”
Additional updates in Carbonite 4.0 include:
- A Redesigned InfoCenter, which clearly communicates backup and restore status, scheduling options and customer service information.
- A new SetUp Configuration completely automates standard setup while retaining custom options for advanced users.
- Additional integration with Remote File Access from any computer or via mobile applications for iPhone®, iPod Touch® and BlackBerry® smartphones.
Carbonite launched its online backup service in 2006 and has raised more than $76 million in several rounds of venture financing. The company has received numerous accolades in 2010 including a No. 9 overall and No. 1 in IT Services Inc. 500 ranking and the Tech Awards Circle Gold Award for consumer/small office, home office (SOHO) service category. Additionally, Carbonite was selected as a finalist in the Red Herring 100 North America list, and CEO David Friend was named as the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year winner for New England in the Consumer and Small Business Emerging Technology category.
The Carbonite industry-first offer of unlimited online backup service for a flat, low price revolutionized the market for consumer and small business backup services. Since 2006, the company has backed up more than 69 billion files and has restored more than 6.1 billion lost files for its customers. Carbonite, which was ranked No. 9 overall and No. 1 in IT Services in the Inc. Magazine 2010 Inc. 500 listing, backs up more than 150 million files every day to high-redundancy storage servers in its Boston and Somerville, Mass. data centers.
The Carbonite mission is to provide a simple, affordable, and secure backup solution for the mainstream computer user. Carbonite supports both the Windows and Mac platforms. Carbonite is available directly at www.carbonite.com, and through international distributors. For more information, please visit www.carbonite.com, or follow us at www.twitter.com/carbonite and www.facebook.com/CarboniteOnlineBackup.