MediaLAB, creator of the App Store’s top selling Disneyland iPhone…
BASKING RIDGE, N.J. (Profitable.com) Collegians are heading to America’s campuses with textbooks and cell phones in hand, and the nation’s largest wireless 3G network is ready to serve them reliably.
Whether e-mailing a study group, texting plans for a night out with sorority or fraternity friends, sending a picture of the big game to alumni, sharing experiences with friends via social media, or calling home for cash, the Verizon Wireless network is ready.
In and around college campuses nationwide, Verizon Wireless engineers have been hard at work expanding network capacity. Colleges and universities benefitting from Verizon Wireless network enhancements include:
- Boise State University – Boise, Idaho
- Brigham Young University – Provo, Utah
- Butte College – Oroville, Calif.
- Chabot College – Hayward, Calif.
- College of Eastern Utah – Price, Utah
- Colorado State University – Fort Collins, Colo.
- Dixie State College of Utah – St. George, Utah
- The Florida State University – Tallahassee, Fla.
- Fort Lewis College – Durango, Colo.
- Idaho State University – Pocatello, Idaho
- Mesa State College – Grand Junction, Colo.
- Montana State University – Bozeman, Mont.
- Penn State University – State College, Pa.
- Providence College – Providence, R.I.
- Sierra College – Rocklin, Calif.
- Southern Utah University – Cedar City, Utah
- University of Colorado – Boulder, Colo.
- University of Florida – Gainesville, Fla.
- The University of Montana – Missoula, Mont.
- University of Notre Dame – South Bend, Ind.
- The University of Utah – Salt Lake City, Utah
- University of Wyoming – Laramie, Wyo.
- Utah State University – Logan, Utah
- Weber State University – Ogden, Utah
- Western State College of Colorado – Gunnison, Colo.
These recent network upgrades are part of Verizon Wireless’ ongoing efforts to expand coverage, increase capacity, and enhance the quality of its wireless voice and data network. Verizon Wireless has invested more than $60 billion since it was formed – $5.7 billion on average every year.
Later this year, Verizon Wireless plans to launch its 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) wireless services in 25 to 30 markets nationally. LTE will offer customers who live, work or travel in these markets significantly greater speed and capabilities than even today’s most advanced 3G coverage. For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving more than 92 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 79,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, Nasdaq: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.